Development Intern, Membership and Outreach
This internship will ideally run from mid-January to August, 2023.
Reports To: Director, Membership
Job Type: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $15/hr
Asia Society is hiring a Development Intern, Membership and Outreach to assist on membership tasks and projects. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working at a nonprofit and learn about nonprofit development, fundraising, and membership programs. The position will sit on the executive floor in close proximity to the President and CEO. The role is responsible for providing a range of administrative support, customer service to members, and assistance on renewal and solicitation campaigns.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills with current and prospective members via phone and email.
- Communicate articulately about the mission of Asia Society and the benefits of Asia Society membership to members and prospective members.
- Assist on membership renewal and solicitation campaigns.
- Data entry including updating member contact information.
- Conduct research to find up-to-date member contact information and information about member prospects.
- Provide administrative support including data entry, mail merges, printing and mailings.
- Other tasks and projects, as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Data entry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word required.
- Adept at internet research.
- Organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Some college, strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $15/hr
This position pays $15 per hour for a 15-hour-a-week, part-time position with in-person hours required on Tuesdays and potentially other days of the week.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Subject line containing: job title and last name
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.