CRM Director, Digital Strategy & Solutions
Location: New York
Department: Information Services
Reports to: Managing Director, Digital Strategy & Solutions
Job type: Full-Time
FSLA Status: Exempt
Salary range: $140,000 - $150,000
The CRM Director will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Salesforce CRM system in the organization. They will work closely with the development, marketing and communications, visitor service, and other teams to ensure that the system is fully utilized to drive engagement, revenue growth, and customer and CRM user satisfaction.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Salesforce CRM Director to lead our non-profit organization's Salesforce CRM strategy, implementation, and ongoing maintenance. This individual will be responsible for managing our CRM system to meet the unique needs of a museum, cultural, education, and policy-focused non-profit organization, while ensuring that the system is effectively integrated with our other technology platforms. They will be a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of CRM principles and Salesforce platform. This individual will partner with internal teams to understand their objectives as it relates to CRM and synthesize them into an overall program.
They will also interface with national and international centers, supporting them in their efforts to build and integrate their local CRMs into a global database. And provide guidance as to standard operating procedures and data governance.
The Asia Society is a lean and outcome-driven organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a roll-up your-sleeves mentality and be exceedingly comfortable in providing hands-on assistance wherever and whenever needed. The CRM director will be an action-oriented strategic thinker.
- Closely work with the Development/Membership/Fundraising teams to ensure that the CRM solution addresses their needs, provides them with the relevant analytics and empowers them to increase the donor base.
- Collaborate with marketing partners in customer acquisition efforts to ensure new customers enjoy a journey that is relevant and delivers value for them and the Asia Society.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into CRM solutions that meet the needs of museum and policy programs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our Salesforce CRM system, including monitoring data quality, identifying opportunities for improvement, and ensuring system performance and stability.
- Work with the sales, marketing, and customer service teams to identify opportunities to improve customer engagement, retention, and revenue growth through the Salesforce platform.
- Manage the configuration and customization of the Salesforce platform to meet the specific needs of the organization.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the customer data in the Salesforce platform.
- Develop and implement best practices for using Salesforce across the organization.
- Develop and implement training programs to increase Salesforce CRM adoption and usage among our staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators related to customer engagement, retention, and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with our IT team to ensure that our CRM system is effectively integrated with our other technology platforms, including our website, fundraising platforms, and marketing automation tools.
- Monitor the Salesforce platform for any issues and work with the IT team to resolve them.
- Stay up to date with the latest CRM trends and technologies, and make recommendations for improvements to the Salesforce platform as needed.
- Manage and deploy regular Salesforce releases.
- Manage a team of Salesforce administrators and developers.
Salesforce Evangelism and Adoption
- Drive adoption and best practice execution for the use of CRM and marketing technology.
- Act as Voice of End Users by escalating and resolving issues & sharing feedback to internal user groups and leadership.
- Nurture the use and adoption for reporting to inform decisions on the tactical and strategic levels.
- Provide targeted training and support in the adoption of Salesforce and business processes.
- Maintains strong familiarity with all features of Salesforce Sales and Marketing products.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, business administration) or equivalent experience required.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of delivering complex CRM projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across departments and levels of seniority.
- Experience developing training programs and delivering training to end-users.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to develop and interpret reports and dashboards to inform decision-making.
- 5 - 7 years' experience leading and managing CRM acquisition and retention programs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Salesforce CRM strategy, implementation, and management, with a focus on the non-profit sector, specifically in museum and policy.
- At least 3 years managing and implementing marketing programs on Salesforce.
- Enhancement and support of current NPSP implementation.
- Strategy and planning for global architectural alignment across all Salesforce instances.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Salesforce Flows to support current and future automation.
- Full lifecycle Experience Cloud delivery and support for current implementations.
- Technical Debt estimation, planning & resolution.
- Lead Data Governance initiatives to address data quality and best practices.
- Ownership and oversight for all Salesforce Integrations.
- Marketing Cloud experience a plus.
- Commerce Cloud w/ Elevate experience a plus.
- Oversee and direct all Salesforce Administration activities
- Salesforce DevOps Center experience a plus.
- Champion and execute via Agile Delivery methodologies.
- Salesforce CRM certification (e.g., Certified Administrator, Certified Advanced Administrator) preferred.
- ACME Box Office, FormAssembly, Cloudingo, Conga, Dell Boomi
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $140,000 to $150,000
Compensation within this range is determined by skills, experience, and organizational equity.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan (fully funded by the Asia Society) supplements our medical plan and covers the full annual deductible.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), the Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- The Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centers located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, and education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application must include:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Subject line: CRM Director, Digital Strategy & Solutions
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.