Content Producer, Digital & Communications
Location: New York (Hybrid)
Department: Digital and Communications
Reports to: Executive Director, Global Content and Digital Programming
Job Type: Full-Time Regular, 2-Year Position
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: $58,000 - $92,000
Asia Society in New York is recruiting for a full-time Content Producer. This is a newly created position dedicated to producing content for the Asian Diaspora Project, a grant-funded initiative to create meaningful, impactful content centred around Asian stories. The Content Producer will help actualize the vision and execution of a video project aimed at highlighting marginalized voices, celebrating achievements, breaking down myths and championing change in the Asian community for a dedicated social media channel. The selected candidate will be a creative storyteller and have a track record of producing high-quality videos including shooting and editing content from concept to final delivery. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in creating vertical, short form videos and is comfortable experimenting with new video techniques as well as expanding into digital programming as well as podcasts and audio.
- Help drive vision and strategy for Asian Diaspora Project’s TikTok channel, monitor performance and provide strategic insights to areas of opportunities
- Create creative, compelling multimedia video and audio content designed to engage and increase our audience
- Organize and manage video assets and uploads, as necessary
- Contribute to and participate in weekly brainstorms and cross-departmental meetings
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of related experience in digital video production including shooting with DSLR and/or pro cinema cameras and Adobe Creative Suite editing applications like Premiere
- Basic knowledge of sound mixing and color correction
- Excellent editorial judgement and the ability to pitch creative ideas daily
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and hit deadlines.
- A proven self-motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter.
- Familiarity with social media video formats and interest in staying up to date with ever-changing formats
- Familiarity with analytics and other performance metrics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Box (or similar).
- Enthusiastic about Asia and what Asia Society does.
- Proficiency in an Asian language, a plus.
Asia Society offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, self-development hours, and more. Please visit asiasociety.org/about/careers and click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits summary.
Benefit package highlights:
- An HRA plan (fully funded by the Asia Society) supplements our medical plan and covers the full annual deductible.
- After 1 year of service (1,000 hours), the Asia Society contributes 6% of gross earnings to an eligible employee’s 403(b) account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own contributions.
- The Asia Society offers Self-Development time off, including Self-Development Summer Fridays between July 4th and Labor Day.
ABOUT ASIA SOCIETY:
The Asia Society, founded by John D. Rockefeller the 3rd in 1956, is a global non-profit dedicated to identifying future pathways for Asia and the world which enhance peace, prosperity, freedom, equality, and sustainability. Headquartered in New York City, with 15 centres located in Asia, Europe, and the U.S., the Asia Society has a dynamic and impressive board of trustees of more than 70 international leaders representing thought leadership in policy, the arts, education as well as in governance and philanthropy.
Asia Society is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that engaging staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better realize our mission of navigating shared futures.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants must submit a completed application to the following email: email@example.com
A completed application must include:
- Resume OR CV
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Link to relevant work (Required)
- Subject line: Content Producer, D&C