Join us for a three-day interactive digital experience for Chinese language teachers & education leaders. Throughout the conference, you will HEAR inspiring Plenaries, CONNECT in the Tea x Conversation Video Networking, and ENGAGE in interactive breakout sessions.
The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) is more than just a conference. It’s a global community of over 2,800 PK-16 Chinese language teachers and education leaders. At its core, NCLC provides a platform for you to LEARN, ENGAGE, and SUPPORT like-minded educators, as we shape the future of Chinese language education and cultivate multilingual young leaders.
Date: April 15-17, 2021 (Thursday-Saturday)
Time: April 15 & 16: 6-9 PM EST | April 17: 10 AM-3 PM EST
Location: Online, anywhere with a solid Internet connection
Ticket Price: Early bird tickets are $80. Regular admission is $100. Purchase your tickets from now until March 1st to take advantage of early bird pricing.
YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET INCLUDES:
- 3 Thought-provoking plenaries
- 30+ breakout sessions
- Access to teaching resources and on-demand content
- Live Q&A with speakers
- Interactive roundtable discussions
- Tea and Conversation 1:1 video networking with old and new colleagues alike
- Live interactions with virtual vendor booths
- Exclusive discounts and offers from sponsors
- PLUS 14-day access to a replay of NCLC video content, as available: so, if you missed something – we got you covered!
We are offering three pre-conference workshops this year and each workshop is only $30.
- ACTFL | April 15, 2021, 10 AM—12 PM EST: “Journey to Proficiency: Map the Route, Guide the Tour, Enjoy the Ride” with ACTFL President, Jessica Haxhi
- NCSSFL | April 15, 2021, 1—3 PM EST: “Implementing Proficiency-Based Tools & Standards to Build Exemplary K-12 Chinese Programs” with NCSSFL experts, Dr. Ann Marie Gunter and Michele Braud
- CELIN | April 16, 2021, 10 AM—12 PM EST: “Developing a Toolbox of Innovative Practices for the Post-COVID Era” with CELIN Director, Dr. Shuhan Wang
Spaces for the pre-conference workshops are limited, so make sure to purchase with your early bird ticket. View more information on the pre-conference workshops here.
3 INSPIRING & THOUGHT-PROVOKING PLENARIES. Be inspired by a carefully curated lineup of leading experts and pioneers in Chinese language education. Hear stories of success, struggle and best practices from Chinese language programs and traditional and non-traditional classrooms.
30+ INTERACTIVE BREAKOUT SESSIONS. Engage with pioneering teachers, experts, and peers in interactive breakout sessions across 9 content strands: Assessment | China Across the Curriculum | College and Career Readiness | Curriculum and Instruction | Partnerships and Community Engagement | Program Models and K-16 Articulation | Research | Remote Learning | Teacher Development and Sustainability
TEA & CONVERSATION NETWORKING. Our Tea x Conversation breaks allow for real-time collaborations and connections. We all sometimes feel isolated as we continue to innovate during the pandemic, these breaks will help us connect with other educators who understand our goals and challenges. Share ideas. Ask questions. And even collaborate virtually.
LIVE NCLC EXPO HALL. Access valuable teaching resources while learning about products & services for your Chinese language classroom and/or program. NCLC vendors will be live in the digital Expo Hall to allow for Q&A, meetings, and demos.
We are also holding a 3-day Digital Scavenger Hunt with prizes and deals from our sponsors that you don’t want to miss!
CONNECT + COLLABORATE. NCLC’s live event chat allows for real connections with other educators. In the chat, you can ask questions, share ideas & resources, and comment on what you’re watching. Looking for a specific person? Search for them in the event attendee list. You can send them a direct message or even have a video meeting- all within NCLC.
What will Virtual NCLC look like? Watch this short video by Hopin- the platform that is powering our conference.
NCLC FAQ can be found here.
EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT. NCLC is committed to being inclusive and providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for ALL people. Please read our CODE OF CONDUCT here.
Why wait? Let's virtually meet Chinese language teachers and education leaders who are passionate about our community and believe in collaboration and authentic connections!
NCLC IS SUPPORTED BY OUR SPONSORS & PROGRAM ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- AP® Chinese Language and Culture Development Committee
- Chinese Early Language and Immersion Network (CELIN @Asia Society)
- Chinese Language Association of Secondary-Elementary Schools (CLASS)
- Chinese Language Teachers Association (CLTA)
- Center for Language Education and Cooperation
- College Board
- Imagin8 Press
- Mandarin Matrix
- National Council of State Supervisors for Languages (NCSSFL)
- National Foreign Language Center (NFLC) at the University of Maryland/STARTALK Project
- The Language Flagship Programs
For questions related to registration, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com.