[Education] 2011 Summer Camp for Multiethnic ChildrenVIEW EVENT DETAILS
30 children of multi-ethnic families in Korea participated in the first Asia Society Summer Camp from August 10 to August 13 at the Hyosung Training Institute. The Summer Camp was hosted by the Asia Society Korea Center and jointly sponsored by the Asia 21 Korea Chapter (K21) and the Seoul Global Center.
K21 Members funded the program, arranged site visits and taught classes, which included the following opportunities:
- A T-shirt making class by Eddie Suk Hyun Kang, artist;
- A tour of the Demilitarized Zone and the 30th Mechanized Infantry division arranged by Lt. Col. Hae-il Jung;
- A tour of the National Assembly arranged by the Honorable Ryan Jung Wook Hong, a National Assembly member;
- A music class by You-young Kim, a world-renowned violist;
- A tour of the Korea Institute of Science and Technology arranged by Dr. Dohyeon Kim, university professor;
- A Korean cooking class with Sean Sea-Yeon Kim, accountant;
- A Korean history class led by Jonathan Dong Woo Lee, CEO of bookseminar.com;
- A talent show organized by filmmaker Wonsuk Chin.
More about the 2011 Summer Camp: