2021 Voice of Youth
August 27, 2021 ㅡ Asia Society Korea held its fourth annual "Voice of Youth" Research Presentations on Friday, August 27, 2021. This year, due to the ongoing pandemic, the event was held online and five student finalists presented their research. Despite the hardships of the pandemic limiting the outreach and academic opportunities, all five participants successfully completed their work and delivered their research results concretely and informatively to the judges.
Six distinguished judges were in attendance to evaluate the participants’ presentations:
- Youngjoo Kim, CSR Manager, Citibank Korea
- Young Joon Kim, Board Member, Asia Society Korea; Chairman of the Board of Directors, Asian University for Women Support Foundation
- Yvonne Kim, Executive Director, Asia Society Korea
- Scott Orrantia, Program Committee Member, Asia Society Korea
- Mason Richey, Senior Contributor, Asia Society Korea; Associate Professor of International Politics, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS)
- Mark Tetto, Board Member, Asia Society Korea; Co-Representative Director, TCK
The presenters were selected among a highly competitive group of applicants, representing some of the top universities – not only in Korea, but also in Japan and the United States. Each participant conducted in-depth research on his/her topic of interest throughout the spring semester period.
Each presentation and research report were assessed and graded in terms of its contents, planning, strategy and applicability, delivery, and sustainability. Overall, all five participants performed exceptionally well, delivering concrete and informative research results.
This year's winners are:
- Winner: Sera Yun, Seoul National University, Master’s Degree in International Studies
- Runner-up: Jinwan Park, Keio University, Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
About Voice Of Youth
View VOY Participants