2021 Voice of Youth
Since 2018, Asia Society Korea has been supporting talented young minds who wish to achieve their academic pursuits beyond the boundary of school. Listening to the voices of the younger generation, “Voice of Youth” is a program that supports student research on diverse issues that impact both South Korea and the world.
Asia Society Korea is recruiting the fourth class for the Voice of Youth (VOY) Program. Research funding and a certificate of completion will be provided to those who submit their reports.
1. Research Topics (Topics can be chosen freely within the four main subject areas)
- Arts & Culture: Research in various areas such as art, music, literature, and culture.
- Education: Research on the developed country’s education systems along with policy suggestions.
- Policy & Society: Research on East Asian political issues and domestic social issues.
- Business & Economy: Research on the outlook of leading industries of the future and their economic development.
- Current college students (both graduates and undergraduates).
- The ability to participate in various events during the program.
- An interest in current affairs and social issues.
- English research and writing skills.
- English skills (for presentation and debate).
- Majoring in a relevant field.
- Networking opportunities and research assistance will be provided.
- Invitations to attend monthly luncheons and seminars hosted by Asia Society Korea.
- Final research papers will be published in a special volume and a VOY program certificate will be awarded.
- Asia Society Korea's Student Membership will be given to the researcher with the most outstanding performance.
- Maximum of 1,000,000 KRW will be funded towards research.
5. 2021 Schedule
- April 16, 2021: Deadline for applications.
- May 6, 2021: Selection process completed.
- May 10, 2021: Orientation.
- May 28, 2021: Deadline for revised research proposals.
- June 25, 2021: Interim-check for research projects.
- July 26, 2021: Deadline for final research draft submissions.
- August (TBD): Presentations and awards ceremony.
* The schedule is subject to change in accordance with the COVID-19 situation.
6. Number of Available Slots
- Researchers: 5~10 (depending on the number and quality of the applications).
- Application: Due by 6:00 p.m. April 16, 2021.
- Please e-mail your application with provided application form and writing samples to email@example.com.