Asia Society Japan Center Policy Conference: Competing Visions for the Future of AsiaVIEW EVENT DETAILS
“Competing Visions for the Future of Asia”
There are two competing visions for the future of Asia, China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and the west’s Free and Open Indo-Pacific (FOIP). On one level, the competition between BRI and FOIP is a geopolitical rivalry. At a deeper level, it is two competitions, one between capitalism vs socialism, and another between democratic vs. authoritarian rule. The conference will explore these issues in depth, with experts from many countries seeking an approach that promotes peace and prosperity of the entire region.
Keynote: Danny Russel (ASPI)
Mr. Russel will be joining us following his notable publication on BRI in June. Based on his long years as a diplomat, Special Assistant to President Obama and National Security Council (NSC) Senior Director for Asian Affairs, it should provide us with insights and analysis from an expert.
Robert Feldman will lead the economic discussion with Mr.Winston Ma (High-tech investor, Author, Adjunct professor), Prof. Heather A. Montgomery (ICU) and Prof. Masaya Sakuragawa (Keio University)
Glen S. Fukushima will focus on regional security issues of the competing visions with Mr. Ronald Chan (Chartwell Capital Limited), Danny Russel (ASPI) and Mr. Hitoshi Tanaka (JCIE Senior Fellow).
*Family members of Founding Members are also welcome to join the signature events. Please register their names when you register in Peatix.
Please register via the below URL.
1) When using Peatix for the first time, you will need to create a Peatix account with your email address, or you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login and create your Peatix account.
2) To register - click on “Get Tickets” (Yellow button) . This takes you to the survey screen.
3) Survey page:
- Founding Members: Click on “Asia Society Japan Center member”, number of people you are registering. If it is just you, click “1”. If you are bringing a family member, click “2” and enter their name on the following page.
- For Speakers: Click on “Speaker” and click “1” to register yourself
- For Non-members: Click on “Non-member” and click number of people you are registering. This will direct you to the survey and payment screen.
For inquiries of the event, please send email to: email@example.com
International House of Japan, Iwasaki Hall