Slow Art Tour Virtual Edition│續章慢遊線上版
Next Act: Contemporary Art from Hong Kong │ 續章：香港當代藝術展
Slow Art Day is a global event with a simple mission: help more people discover for themselves the joy of looking at and loving art. In this virtual edition of Slow Art Tour, audience are encourage to spend 5-10 minutes to look at the artwork closely and experience the work, and make discoveries.
How to participate?
Now you can engage in Slow Art Tour from home. A series of exhibition videos are available on ASHK social media. Each art work is captured with details and narrated by the docent.
Each video is accompanied by artwork photos, prompts and questions to get you thinking more deeply and critically about the work.
Andrew Luk │陸浩明
- Have you ever been to Asia Society Hong Kong Center’s heritage compound? Do you recall the naval boundary stones you see outside the verandah? 你曾到訪過亞洲協會香港中心的古蹟區嗎？有印象在長廊外面所看到的海軍界石嗎？
- Artist uses four different materials to replicate the naval boundary stones that once set at the periphery of the old Victoria barracks: charcoal, copper, ice, and salt blocks. 藝術家以炭，銅，水，和鹽磚這四種不同物料重塑曾放置在場址的邊界中的海軍界石
- Echo Chorus: Scalability was made by charcoal, and Echo Chorus: Speculation was made by copper. Look at the surface of both sculptures. How do you feel about the material? Rigid? Heavy? Enduring《 迴聲和唱：伸展 》由炭製成；而《 迴聲和唱：揣測 》由紅銅製成。仔細看看兩個雕塑的表面。你對這兩種物料有什麼感覺？堅硬？笨重？耐久？
- The charcoal one has a rather rough surface, and it is quite similar to the actual boundary stones which are made with granite. The artist used charcoal to echo with the history of the site as a former explosive magazine. The space in the gallery was used to be a place for gunpowder storage, and gunpowder consists of a mixture of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate. What other materials can you relate with explosives? 由炭所造的《 迴聲和唱：伸展 》表面非常粗糙，與放在場址中的花崗岩界石的質地十分相似。藝術家以炭作物料呼應會址的歷史，它的前身是為一座舊軍火庫。藝術館內的空間曾用作存放火藥，而火藥中包含了硫，木炭和硝石。你能聯想其他關於火藥的物料嗎？
- The documents related to ASHK embossed on the copper one were found by the artist in the CIA archive, one of them is the meeting record of a discussion “The Future of Hong Kong” back in 1984. Can you read anything else? (If you can’t read from the photos and the video, you should come to see it by yourself). 以紅銅造的《 迴聲和唱：伸展 》貼上了藝術家從CIA檔案中發現有關亞洲協會的文件。其中一份是於1984年討論 『The Future of Hong Kong』 的會議記錄。除此之外你還讀到什麼？（如果你無法從照片和視頻閱讀，不妨親身到來觀看？）
- Echo Chorus: Dissolve was made with a large ice cube, and Echo Chorus: Sustenance is a saltlick, which serves as a nutrient supplement for animals. It is placed outdoor in the greenery area, which is projected lively in the gallery. As time passes, both materials will vanish gradually and eventually, sharing an opposite nature compare with the endurance of granite. What do you think the artist is trying to convey through such materials?《 迴聲和唱：溶解 》是由一塊冰磚製成的﹔而《 迴聲和唱：養分 》是一個鹽磚，是一般用作動物的礦物質補給品。這雕塑放置在室外的園林，而實時影像則投射在藝術館內。相比起花崗岩的堅硬度，兩種物料的特質都是會隨著時間漸漸消失。 你認為藝術家希望透過這些物料帶出什麼信息？
- Despite the four boundary stones were made from four different materials, do you see any similarity within them? How does the artist interpret the meaning of the boundary through the material he used? 儘管四塊界石是由四種不同的物料製成，但你看到當中任何相同之處嗎？藝術家如何利用這些物料詮釋邊界的含義？
Apparition Lattice of Reflexive Grappling (L); Chronicle Compression: Hunger and Resistance (L)
- Chronicle Compression: Hunger and Resistance rubbed the surface of the berm and the munitions at the heritage compound with aluminum sheets.《 壓縮記錄：飢餓與抵制 》用鋁片拓印亞洲協會場址的兩個地方：護堤石牆，和火藥軌。
- Apparition Lattice of Reflexive Grappling focused the grout that inserted between the stones to secure the structure of the berm. 《 本能性掙扎的幻影交織 》重塑石牆內，用作固定護堤結構的灌漿痕跡。
- Do you know what were the berm and the track used for? By observing the surface and the finishing, did you notice that the construction method of both infrastructures is very different? 你知道護堤和火藥軌有什麼用途嗎？從他們的表面觀察你留意到它們的建造方法是不同的嗎？
- Look closely at the texture and the details that embossed on the aluminum sheet. Do they look different from the berm and the track? Do you see more or less of the details from the aluminum sheet? Can you imagine the rubbing process, do you feel like it is recording a moment of the heritage, compressing time, and space into a sheet? 仔細觀察鋁片所拓印出的護堤和火藥軌出的質感和細節。它們看起來與真的護堤和火藥軌有不同嗎？從拓印中看到更多或更少的細節？你能夠想像拓印的過程嗎? 它好像是一片壓縮了時間和空間的鋁片，將那刻的古蹟記錄下來。
- Besides the boundary stones and the berm, can you find other traces of history at the heritage compound? 除了界石和護堤，你在古蹟場址中還找其他的歷史痕跡嗎？