Slow Art Tour Virtual Edition│續章慢遊線上版
Next Act: Contemporary Art from Hong Kong │ 續章：香港當代藝術展
Slow Art Day is a global event with a simple mission: help more people discover for themselves the joy of looking at and loving art. In this virtual edition of Slow Art Tour, audience are encourage to spend 5-10 minutes to look at the artwork closely and experience the work, and make discoveries.
How to participate?
Now you can engage in Slow Art Tour from home. A series of exhibition videos are available on ASHK social media. Each art work is captured with details and narrated by the docent.
Each video is accompanied by artwork photos, prompts and questions to get you thinking more deeply and critically about the work.
Always Stop Eating While You’re Still a Little Hungry, Christopher K. Ho │《當你還有點餓時就不要吃了》何恩懷 (2020).
- The whole artwork divided into two parts: the large-scale window decal with Mary Lou Retton’s photo; and a miniature theater on the Yasumoto Bridge. 整個作品分為兩個部分：瑪莉．盧．雷頓在香港賽馬會廳外的大型窗戶裝飾；和康本橋上的劇院模型。
- Mary Lou Retton-- the photo was Retton’s ending pose at the final gymnastic game at 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. What kind of emotion can you read from her facial expression? 瑪麗．露．雷頓-- 照片是雷頓在1984年洛杉磯奧運會全能體操比賽中的結尾姿勢。從她的面部表情可以看出什麼樣的情緒？
- Her gymnastic uniform has the pattern of American flag. How does that affect your perception of Retton’s expression? 她的體操制服印有美國國旗的圖案。這會影響你對雷頓表達的看法嗎？
- The miniature theater referenced to several American cultures: Thanksgiving, George Balanchine’s ballet Stars and Stripes, Fourth of July parades, balloons from the U.S. Republican and Democratic National Conventions, etc.How many of them that you know? 劇院模型提及多種美國文化：感恩節，佐治．巴倫錢的芭蕾舞劇《星條旗》，七月四日國慶遊行，美國共和黨及民主黨全國代表大會等。你認識其中幾個？
- The miniature theater is inspired by Ford’s Theater, where President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. What do you know about President Lincoln and the assassination? President Lincoln was considered one of the most significant country leaders in the world. Do you agree? Do you think President Lincoln made the US a great country? What did he contribute to the world of democracy? 劇院模型的靈感來自福特劇院，林肯總統被暗殺的地方。你對林肯總統和他的暗殺有什麼了解？林肯總統被認為是世上最重要的國家領導人之一。你同意嗎？你認為林肯總統令美國成為一個偉大的國家嗎？他為民主世界有什麼貢獻？
- Thanksgiving turkey— Thanksgiving is celebrated on various dates in the US, Canada, Brazil, and many other countries. The current date of Thanksgiving in the US was set and declared as a national holiday by President Abraham Lincoln to promote the North-South unity of the United States. Before that, the turkey was not on the thanksgiving menu either. 感恩節火雞 -- 在美國，加拿大，巴西和許多其他國家/地區，感恩節的日期不同。美國現代的感恩節的日期是由林肯總統定立，並宣佈為國定假日。在此之前，火雞也不在感恩節菜單上。
- Have you ever wonder who set the date of festivals? Who decided what we should eat at the festivals? 對於其他的節日，你知道它們的由來嗎？又是誰決定在節日期間吃什麼？
- Decoy ducks, man-made objects resembling a real duck, were first used by Native Americans to hunt by floating them out on lakes to attract waterfowl. 人造的鴨子模型「誘餌鴨子」最初被美洲印第安人用來狩獵，當時將它們漂浮在湖上以吸引其他的水禽。
- Vintage decoy ducks were seen as sculptural and an intrinsic part of American history, which make American collectors, including Rockefeller family, are enthusiastic at and have a passion for collecting them as a patriotic act. 古董誘餌鴨子被視為雕塑藝術，是造就美國歷史的一部分。這令不少美國收藏家，包括洛克菲勒家族在內，對它充滿熱情，並以收藏它們作為愛國的表現。
- Can you identify the hidden images from the stereogram on the miniature theater? (If you can’t recognize them from the video and images, you should come to see them in-person!) 你能否從劇院模型上的立體圖中看到隱藏的圖像？ （如果無法從影片或相片中看到它們，你應該親自到來看它們啊！）
- The miniature theater, including the Thanksgiving turkey and the dinner table, was made in brass and painted in gold. How do you think about this material? 劇院模型，包括感恩節火雞和餐桌，都以黃銅製作。你對黃銅這種物料有什麼感覺？
- The artist alludes to the underside of nationalist spectacle by featuring the images of Magic Eyes and Mary Lou Retton’s figure. Can you understand this metaphor? 作品中魔術眼及瑪麗．盧．雷頓的圖片，都在暗示著民族主義的糖衣陷阱。你如何從藝術品中理解這一點？
- Through this artwork, the artist questions about “the authorities intentionally promote patriotism through celebrative occasions.” What do you think about this?