Light and Shadows – Caravaggio • The Italian Baroque Master Student Drawing Competition
Competition: The competition is open to all primary and secondary school students in Hong Kong. Entries will be accepted and judged based on the category in which they are entered:
- Category A: Junior Section in Primary School (Primary One to Primary Three)
- Category B: Senior Section in Primary School (Primary Four to Primary Six)
- Category C: Junior Section in Secondary School (Form One to Form Four)
- Category D: Senior Section in Secondary School (Form Five to Form Six)
- Works submitted can be of any themes or styles inspired by Caravaggio’s *Supper at Emmaus (1605-1606).
- Works should be two dimensional.
- Works can be produced in any non-electronic medium.
*High resolution digital copy of the painting is available upon request.
Prizes: 10 winners will be selected in each category; each will receive a certificate of excellence and have their winning art work showcased at an exhibition organized at Asia Society Hong Kong Center or online. In addition, the top 3 winners in each category will receive:
- Champion (Categories C&D): A tablet pre-installed with “Little Caravaggio” learning app
- Champion (Categories A&B): A 1-month art class
- 1st runner-up (Categories C&D): A 1-month art portfolio class
- 1st runner-up (Categories A&B): An $800 art supplies voucher
- 2nd runner-up (Categories C&D): An $800 art supplies voucher
- 2nd runner-up (Categories A&B): An $500 book voucher
- Certificate of excellence (Seven per category): An oil painting set
Institutional prize (One per category): The institution with the most winning entries will receive a 1-year complimentary Asia Society Hong Kong Center Institutional membership.
Submission: April 14 – August 10, 2014
Completed entry form, together with clear digital image(s) of the submission should be sent to email@example.com. Applicants are required to keep the original works, and submit to Asia Society Hong Kong Center in mid-August 2014 should they be selected for inclusion in the eventual winning pieces exhibition. Please click here to download the entry form.
Award Ceremony and Exhibition Opening: August 24, 2014
Exhibition: August 25 – 31, 2014