Acting as a bridge between visitors and the exhibition, the gallery docent is the catalyst for learning at Asia Society Hong Kong Center. Providing guided interpretation and sharing the artistic thoughts behind the exhibits, docents - as well as being a source of information, stimulating visitor's curiosity, imagination, and individual expression by asking questions, and encouraging the active participation of each tour group member.
Training with detailed tour materials will be provided in prior to the tour. And you will have chances to interact with the artists and curators for gaining a deeper understanding of the exhibition. The docents with over 15 tours within 12 months can even be awarded for a 3 year complimentary individual membership.
Our gallery docent scheme is calling for new volunteers until 1 April 2021 (Thursday). If you are an art lover and enthusiastic about building new connections with people, please don’t miss out this opportunity to join as our docents!
Duties of docents
1. Provide exhibition guided tours to ASHK’s visitors;
2. Build up a good communication bridge for ASHK and the visitors;
3. Engage visitors in an open conversation;
4. Remind the visitors of the proper manner in gallery visit and assist in the crowd control during peak hours
1. be a permanent Hong Kong resident and age 18 or above
2. have an excellent command of English, Cantonese or Mandarin
3. be enthusiastic about art, art history and visual culture
4. be capable of providing vivid interpretation
5. be available to the docent assignments at ASHK on weekdays or weekends
Click here to start your registration: