Looking Back on the Year and Into the FutureVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Virtual Members Get-Together
21:15 Sign-in and mingle
21:30 Start of Virtual Members Get-Together
22:15 End of Virtual Members Get-Together
Another year is coming to an end, one full of events that have moved people from around the world. The war in Ukraine affected millions and is causing an energy crisis in Europe. New presidents like “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in the Philippines have been elected. Places like Shanghai are still experiencing lockdowns while others have opened up again—and their cultural life picking up... And Elon Musk actually bought Twitter.
What did you take away from 2022? What was life like where you live? What have your personal highlights been this year? And what is in store for the next?
In this Virtual Members Get-Together, we look back on the year 2022 with Asia Society Members from around the world – and at what they expect and hope for 2023. Whether you live in Zurich, Manila, New York or any other place, get to know Members from our global Asia Society network, share your knowledge and learn from each other.
How does it work?
- Choose the topic you are most keen to talk about (topics are below) when you register for the event
- After a short introduction, we will split into smaller groups to chat in Zoom “breakout rooms” according to your topic preference. But don’t worry, you don’t have to stay on the same topic the entire time, you are free to talk about whatever comes up!
- At the end we will meet again all together and share some highlights from the conversations.
- Energy: How does climate change, war and economy affect our energy supply?
- Free speech: Where does hate speech start and begin? How should we deal with fake news?
- Culture: Concerts, Museums, Books and more – what were your highlights, and how is the culture in your community changing?
The views and opinions expressed are those of the speakers and participants and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, do not reflect the opinion, position or official policy of Asia Society Hong Kong, its members, or its committees. Asia Society Hong Kong does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for the content of the information presented.