About the Awards
Asia Society’s 2019 Best Companies for Asian Pacific Americans awards, celebrating its tenth consecutive year, give companies a chance to be recognized as a leader in attracting, developing, and retaining APA employees and for marketing to the APA Community. They are also an opportunity to see how companies stack up against comparable companies. Award finalists will be announced in 2019 in the media as lead up to Asia Pacific American Heritage Month. Awards will be presented during Asia Society's 10th Annual Corporate Awards Dinner on May 15, 2019 in New York City as the highlight of Asia Society's Diversity & Marketing Leadership Summit.
2019 AWARD CATEGORIES
- New Award: Best Company Marketing to Asian Pacific American Consumers and Investors
This award recognizes a company that understands the market potential of the Asian Pacific American community and can demonstrate success at growing market share through B to B or B to C.
- Overall Best Employer for Asian Pacific Americans*
This award recognizes an outstanding company that is exhibiting excellence in all of the other award areas.
- Best Employer for Sponsorship and the Development of Workforce Skills for Asia Pacific Americans*
This award recognizes a company for the most dynamic and effective employee development programs, including sponsorship, mentoring, and career coaching.
- Best Employer for Promoting Asian Pacific Americans into Senior Leadership Positions*
This award recognizes a company that has demonstrated successes at advancing Asian Pacific Americans into senior management roles.
- Best Asian Pacific American Employee Resource Groups*
This award recognizes an employee resource group that excels in its performance, practices, and initiatives to create impact.
- Best Employer for Promoting Asian Pacific American Women**
This award recognizes a company that has demonstrated success at advancing Asian Pacific American women into senior management roles.
- Best Employer for LGBT Asian Employees**
This award recognizes a company that has demonstrated inclusive practices within its organization for LGBT Asian employees.
- Most Innovative Practices Awards** for Recruitment & Selection, Retention, Employee Growth and Advancement, Profit & Loss Leadership Development, Employee Resource Groups, Marketing, Promoting APA Women, and LGBT Asians.
*Winners are chosen based on a combination of the employee responses (80%) and scores from a panel of expert judges (20%).
**Winners are chosen based on scores from a panel of expert judges regarding the innovative practices submitted by diversity officers and business leaders.