Program Officer Melbourne
Position: Program Officer
Work type: Full-time
Remuneration: $60K -$75K plus super
Start date: Mid-January to March 2019
For 60 years globally and 20 years in Australia, Asia Society Australia has been the leading institution for promoting engagement with Asia. As a global not-for-profit organisation, our membership and support base comprises of the leading ASX 100 companies, government and educational institutions. Due to strong demand we have recently expanded our operation to Melbourne.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Program Officer with a proven track-record of successfully managing events and communications. Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Programs, you will drive the planning and successful delivery of the events schedule in our new national institution - Asia Society Australia Centre in Melbourne.
In this new role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Programs to create, plan and execute innovative events on Asia and Australia-Asia relations.
- Initiate and develop themes, topics, and calendar for both public and member-only programs.
- Prepare and manage program logistics, budgets, and event related queries as well as assisting with marketing and communication strategies, and post event content and feedback.
- Apply your communications experience to develop and deliver end-to-end event communication campaigns.
- Join a pre-eminent global organisation and become a part of the core team driving the expansion of Asia Society Australia and development of the Asia Society Centre in Melbourne
- Work collaborative with Asia Society’s global development, marketing and communications teams to leverage Asia Society’s global brand, programming and network.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of related work experience in event and program management in a corporate, academic or not-for-profit setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Arts, Communications or International Studies, Event Management or related field
- Excellent relationship management skills with strong ability to interact with public and senior business, government and cultural stakeholders.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritise tasks efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience delivering digital communication campaigns
- Involvement in developing and securing program partnerships and sponsorship
- Ability to work in a small, productive team with tight timelines
- Ability to travel interstate and overseas when required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator, database and event management applications and social media platforms
- Interest and/or experience in Asia, ideally demonstrating some general knowledge on Asia / international relations.
What We Offer:
- Fun, supportive and hard-working team environment
- Attractive salary package which rewards effort
- Career growth, on-going training and a professional development plan
Full position description here >>
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the ideal candidate to Melissa Kemper at firstname.lastname@example.org.