Executive Director Sydney
Position: Executive Director
Work type: Full-time
Remuneration: Commensurate with professional experience
Start date: Mid-January to March 2019
For 60 years globally and 20 years in Australia, Asia Society Australia has been the leading institution for promoting Asia-Australia engagement. As a global not-for profit our membership comprises of the leading ASX 100 financial, legal and educational institutions. Due to strong demand and impressive growth we are in need of an Executive Director in our Sydney office.
We are seeking an ambitious, collaborative and entrepreneurial leader with a proven track-record of business development, excellent communications skills, knowledge of and passion for Asia and a ‘can-do’ attitude to lead Asia Society Australia in Sydney.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual and a strategic thinker who is interested in developing and driving her/his career with a leading global non-profit organisation dedicated to Asia. You will report directly to the CEO and work collaboratively with the Asia Society Australia team to drive the growth of Asia Society Australia.
In this new role, you will:
- Lead the successful execution of Asia Society Australia’s 2020 strategy.
- Develop and implement membership strategies to grow revenue, engagement and loyalty.
- Secure new funding opportunities (grants, sponsorships and philanthropy).
- Lead a small, high-performing team to ensure world class member engagement and service offering.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO, Board, Advisory Council and Asia Society team to deliver a valued and seamless service and engagement experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Min 5-8 years leadership experience in business development, communications, international relations or marketing in a corporate, government, academic or not-for-profit setting.
- Good knowledge of Australia-Asia relations, a strong interest in the region, share Asia Society’s mission and have experience working, living or studying in Asia.
- Excellent representational, relationship-building and management skills.
- Highly-developed oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively engage with senior executives.
- Successful track record leading a high-performing team with demanding goals and timelines.
- Impeccable organisational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritise tasks efficiently.
- Experienced team player and a self-starter, able to work collaboratively and autonomously.
- Experience working collaboratively across an organisation to establish a strategic direction and lead sustainable business growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite / CRM
- Ability to travel interstate and overseas
What We Offer:
- Be the driving force behind the growth of our Sydney office
- Attractive salary package rewarding effort
- Career growth, on-going training and a professional development plan
Full position description here >>
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the ideal candidate to Philipp Ivanov at firstname.lastname@example.org.