GEN A: CEO Masterclass with Anna Green, ANZ LaosVIEW EVENT DETAILS
60 minutes, 20 GEN A participants, 1 CEO
We are pleased to welcome Anna Green, CEO of ANZ Laos to Bloomberg as our first CEO Masterclass speaker under our new GEN A program. This new series is designed to bring together Asia experts and leaders with a successful track-record of working in Asia with our GEN A participants for intensive masterclasses.
About our speaker:
Anna Green, CEO, ANZ Laos
Anna has worked in the world of banking and finance across 4 geographies for over 15 years. As the CEO of ANZ in Lao she regularly works with blue chip companies including Coca Cola, Carlsberg, PanAust and Heineken to facilitate their banking needs and recently led the ANZ Lao team in winning the “Friends of ASEAN” award at the ASEAN Business Summit Awards.
Anna has significant experience in structuring and facilitating financing solutions for her customers including via cross jurisdictional project and infrastructure financing, syndicated financing, structured financing, and simple and complex asset, working capital and property financing. Prior to joining ANZ, Anna practiced in international banking and finance law in Sydney at Clayton Utz and Ashursts and in London at Shearman & Sterling and has led several high-performance teams in her career, including complex project teams in private legal practice and end to end banking business teams at ANZ. Anna has also worked extensively with international organisations and government, holding an advisory position with the Attorney General’s Department in Vanuatu covering policy and legislative reform. She is frequently called upon to advise and partner with international development multilaterals including the United Nations, the World Bank and the IFC on financing and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Anna is a passionate advocate of diversity in the workplace and corporate social responsibility. Her recent activity in this space has included:
- Chairing and participating in the panel as a keynote speaker at the recent DFAT ASEAN Women in Business forum;
- Implementing the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles at ANZ Lao and driving their adoption across the ASEAN regional business community;
- Supporting an International Gold Standard carbon offset project in Lao which has resulted in the installation of over 8000 clean water filters across villages throughout the country;
- Championing the installation of the first commercial solar panel system in Lao to the ANZ Lao premises in order to convert to clean energy;
- Establishing and rolling out MoneyMinded training designed for lower income participants to assist them with their understanding of basic money management skills across Lao
About GEN A
GEN A is a learning, networking and leadership development platform for young professionals from our member organisations to enrich their understanding of Asia and Australia’s relations with the region. It will provide the participants with interest in Asia access to the Asia Society Australia member-only events and an annual series of programs and activities specifically designed for the GEN A participants.
This event is generously hosted by Bloomberg