Delivering on our Mission
We at Asia Society Australia have a plan to continue fulfilling our mission of preparing Australian leaders and community for sustained engagement with Asia.
At the heart of our 9-point plan are: well-being of our staff, members and audiences; commitment to organisational sustainability and delivering our programs; intellectual leadership and a confident plan for recovery.
- Well-being: Our Melbourne Centre and Sydney office staff will work from home, our live events will be delivered online or postponed, and we’ll practice social distancing in all our activities.
- Open for business: We are fully operational in Melbourne and Sydney and strengthening our organisation through prudent and agile management.
- Keep delivering: We will continue delivering our programs and insights for our members, supporters and the Australian community, using a variety of channels.
- Supporting and engaging our members: We will support our members in these difficult times by presenting timely, relevant and high-quality programs and insights.
- Intellectual leadership: We will be at the forefront of analysis of the impact of the Coronavirus on Asia and Australia’s engagement with the region, and share our thinking with our members, governments, business and community.
- Communication: We will accelerate our communications to bring the best of the global Asia Society content to our members, partners and Australian community.
- Global and local collaborations: We will work together with our cultural, education, corporate and government partners, and share resources, ideas and platforms.
- Doing our bit: We will be an active participant in shaping Australia’s response to the pandemic, by working with the Commonwealth and State Governments and offering our support, knowledge and networks.
- Planning ahead: We will plan for the recovery and use the crisis to strengthen our organisation and what we offer to Australia.
We feel our mission is more critical than ever, as Australia and our region need to work together to solve this crisis.
For many of you this is a difficult time. Asia Society is here to help understand and navigate this unprecedented situation and help Australia get back on track.
Chairman, Asia Society Australia
CEO, Asia Society Australia