Communication and Media Coordinator Melbourne
Position: Communication and Media Coordinator
Work type: Full-time
Remuneration: $85,000 plus super, performance-based bonuses
Start date: August 2019
Understanding Asia has never been more important to Australia. For over 60 years globally and 20 years in Australia, Asia Society has been building bridges of understanding between Asia, Australia and the United States across business, policy, education and the arts.
Asia Society Australia is Australia’s leading national centre for engagement with Asia, with a centre in Melbourne and an office in Sydney. We are a not-for-profit, non-governmental and non-political organisation empowered by leading Australian and regional business, government, education and cultural institutions.
Asia Society Australia is a centre of Asia Society – a preeminent global non-profit organisation dedicated to Asia, founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, with centres in New York, Hong Kong, Houston, Los Angeles, Manila, Melbourne, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington, DC and Zurich.
We have recently expanded our operations to Melbourne, and are seeking a Communications and Media Coordinator to drive communications from our new Melbourne Centre. We are seeking an ambitious and driven coordinator with a proven track record in content development, superior communications skills and media liaison. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work collaboratively with the Asia Society Australia team to produce, manage and deliver our messaging through our key communication channels. You’ll be a self-starter who can take initiative and work with a ‘can-do’ attitude to manage Asia Society Australia’s key communications platforms, ensure continuity of branding, and liaise with domestic and international media stakeholders.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the development and implementation of our communication, media and content strategy to grow membership, revenue, and brand awareness across Australia;
- Research, produce and edit content campaigns to members and stakeholders;
- Update and manage website and social media channels to promote Australia-Asia engagement;
- Prepare, update and manage delivery of promotional brochures, newsletters, and program collateral;
- Manage third party consultants, including media advisors, to ensure quality, output and timely delivery of key messages;
- Work collaboratively with the CEO, Board, Advisory Council and Asia Society team to deliver a valued communication and media platform;
- Work collaboratively with Asia Society’s global development, marketing and communications teams to leverage Asia Society’s global brand, programming and network.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in relevant roles;
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Arts, Communications, Marketing, International Studies or related field;
- Demonstrated expertise in communications, media and content management with strong experience in delivering digital communication campaigns;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, as well as research and editing experience;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in editing and proofreading copy, including a sound understanding of Australian English spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax;
- Exceptional relationship management skills ;
- Proficiency in managing professional social media accounts, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram;
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator as well as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in digital communications and events platforms such as MailChimp and Eventbrite;
- Ability to travel interstate and overseas as required;
- Interest and/or professional experience in Asia.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity for you to drive the delivery of our communication and media strategy;
- Attractive salary package rewarding effort;
- Career growth, ongoing training and a professional development plan;
- A fun, hard-working team environment in our new Melbourne office.
View full position description here.
How To Apply:
To apply, please e-mail your CV, a short portfolio of your work (including a minimum of one digital media campaign or website you have completed and two written media documents), along with a cover letter and statement addressing the selection criteria, to Philipp Ivanov at: email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website: https://asiasociety.org/australia.
No recruitment agencies please. Applications sent without a media portfolio will not be assessed.
Applications close COB 31 July 2019.