Associate Director, Development & Partnerships
Work type: Full-time
Start date: November 2019
Renumeration: Attractive package based on experience, including performance bonuses
- Lead and drive business development strategy
- Attractive salary package, career progression
- Global leader, supportive team environment
For over 60 years globally and 20 years in Australia, Asia Society Australia has been the leading institution for promoting engagement with Asia. As a global not-for-profit organisation, our membership and support base comprises of the leading ASX 100 companies, government and educational institutions. Due to strong demand and impressive growth we have recently expanded our operation to Melbourne.
We are seeking an ambitious and driven sales professional with a proven track-record of business development, superior communications skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work collaboratively with the Asia Society Australia team to drive the development of a new national institution - Asia Society Australia Centre in Melbourne.
In this new role, you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of our business development strategy to grow membership’s acquisition, revenue, awareness and loyalty in Melbourne.
- Build upon an existing portfolio of member, partner and donor relationships.
- Secure new funding opportunities (grants, sponsorships and philanthropy).
- Develop and grow partnerships with government, private sector, education, cultural and philanthropic organisations
- Manage business development and membership budgets, and evaluate effectiveness and identify improvements to outcomes and process.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO, Board, Advisory Council and Asia Society team to deliver a valued and seamless service and engagement experience.
- Work collaboratively with Asia Society’s global development, marketing and communications teams to leverage Asia Society’s global brand, programming and network.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant roles
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in business, communications, international studies or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in business development and member acquisition, engagement and retention
- Highly-developed oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively engage with senior executives
- Experience in developing and securing funding opportunities (grants, sponsorship, or philanthropic investments)
- Experience working collaboratively across an organisation to establish a strategic direction and lead sustainable business growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite / CRM
- Ability to travel interstate and overseas
- Interest and/or experience in Asia
What We Offer:
- Be the driving force behind the growth of our Melbourne Centre.
- Attractive salary package rewarding effort
- Career growth, on-going training and a professional development plan
- A fun, hard-working team environment
Apply now by e-mailing your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the ideal candidate to Melissa Kemper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call Philipp Ivanov, CEO, Asia Society Australia on (03) 9686 3513
Applications close: COB Sunday 10 November 2019
No recruitment agencies please.