Commenting & Participation Guidelines
We trust that participants will use the website to share intelligent and insightful commentary and help maintain an appropriate and constructive environment for online discussions. By participating in AsiaSociety.org’s comment areas, you agree to comply with AsiaSociety.org’s comment guidelines.
- Be respectful. We welcome debate and appreciate your participation and contributions, but we will not tolerate personal attacks and abuse, posts that libel, defame or invade privacy, or posts that are unlawful, profane and threatening.
- Do not spam. We will remove links, posts and comments that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like, posts that advertise or otherwise solicit funds or sales of goods or services.
- Keep it relevant and keep it brief. Do your best to keep your comment focused on the topic at hand. Posts that are not relevant to the original topic (“off-topic”) may be removed.
- Please be aware that you are solely responsible for your own comments and the consequences of posting those comments.
- Please be aware that we may use participants’ comments across our site, and display them in a variety of ways (eg. in the text of an article, or in the “featured comment” section of our homepage). By submitting your comment or any photo contributions, you give AsiaSociety.org the right to post, webcast, re-use, publish, or reproduce your comment(s), photo(s), and other identifying information you provide.
AsiaSociety.org is best viewed with the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer. However, we do not support all older versions of all browsers. To get the most out of this site we recommend setting your screen resolution to at least 1024 x 786 and turning on sound. Many aspects of this site work best with a broadband internet connection.