2012 Summer Camp
SEOUL, August 7-10, 2012 — Following the first Summer Camp in 2011, Asia Society Korea Center continued to create more educational opportunities for multiethnic children and held this year's Summer Camp with more exciting and stimulating programs such as the following:
- A drawing class by Eddie Suk Hyun Kang, artist;
- A musical class by Professor Cecilia Heejeong Kim and her students;
- A tour of Lotte World in Jamsil arranged and guided by the Lotte Group;
- A baseball game between the Lotte Giants and the LG Twins arranged by the Lotte Group;
- A tour of the Joint Security Area and military activities arranged by Lt. Col. Hae-il Jung;
- A tour of the Korea Institute of Science and Technology arranged by Professor Dohyeon Kim.
This year, Asia Society Korea Center focused on boosting the confidence of multiethnic children and improving their communication and networking skills. The Korea Center and the Asia 21 Korea Chapter (K21) planned a series of educational programs to stimulate children's creativity and help them reach their potential. The children learned about Korean traditional fairy tales by creating and performing their own musicals, enhanced their awareness of Korean history through a tour of the Joint Security Area, and expanded their imaginations through a creative drawing class. Asia Society Korea Center will continue to develop new projects to give a greater voice and a better chance to the children of multiethnic families.
2012 Summer Camp was sponsored by the Lotte Foundation, Hyosung Group, SPC Group, Lotteria, Krispy Kreme and the Asia 21 Korea Chapter.