Internships at Asia Society Philippines are open to all undergraduate students and young professionals with a demonstrated interest in at least one of our major initiatives in: Business, Policy, Education, Leadership and Arts & Culture. Interns will be given the opportunity to realize their potential and their contribution to be recognized. Likewise, we encourage our volunteers to participate in various types of activities, depending on their knowledge, interest and availability. Internships generally last for 4-8 weeks depending on the agreement of parties. As a non-profit organization, we do not offer compensations to our volunteers/interns.
Opportunities will be offered throughout the year until positions are filled. Submit your application today!
We welcome exceptional applicants in the following categories:
Communications Intern (Suspended)
Interns under this category will help copyedit and publish ENews content, edit and upload videos, report on events, craft blog posts and help establish the social content for all social media accounts of Asia Philippines.
- Assist in the management of all social media accounts of Asia Philippines;
- Develop content for the monthly E-Newsletter;
- Develop social media campaigns to generate crowd-sourced stories;
- Maintain and expand social media platforms;
- Help measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts of the organization;
- Create a social media marketing strategy to increase the organizations’ visibility;
- Research on new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities;
- Develop videos, promotional materials and social media content;
- Handle special projects involving interviews with leaders;
- Assist in other ASPF programs and events;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Sony Vegas (or any video editing software);
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc) preferred;
- Strong and fast writing skills;
- Strong news judgement;
- Strong photo, video and audio editing skills.
- Basic knowledge in HTML and CMS preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
- Good organization skills and ability to work independently required;
- A student of any media-related course is preferred;
- Open-minded, creative, initiative, team-player;
Program Management Intern (Open)
Interns under this category will help the Program officers implement their programs and projects for Asia Society Philippines.
- Assist in the overall logistical planning of Asia Society Philippine projects and events;
- Assist with all aspects of program development;
- Research program topics and speakers;
- Coordinate and follow-up with media partners and sponsors;
- Providing logistical support at public events;
- Assist with communications and marketing activities;
- Help with fundraising activities, including updating donor databases;
- Spearhead a specific project for Asia Society Philippines under the supervision of one of its Program Officers;
- Have an interest in Asian affairs, particularly in the areas of business, leadership, policy, education and arts & culture;
- Have strong command of written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong interest in programming and fundraising in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of or experience working on a variety of social, cultural, economic, and political issues related to Asia, U.S.-Asia relations, and Asian Americans;
- Solid research, writing, and editing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Reliable self-starter and problem-solver who is able to work independently to meet tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
GLI - Communications Intern (Open)
Interns under this category will be under Asia Society's Global Leadership Initiatives (GLI) division. The intern should have interest in issues revolving around leadership and policy in Asia and will assist and provide support to the projects of the department.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance by executing and implementing some key assigned tasks in the Communications and Social Media Strategic Plan of the Global Leadership Initiatives (GLI) Department;
- Assist in managing the social networking platforms/various focus channels of the department (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Hootsuite);
- Research various issues on leadership, foreign policy, gender issues, and staying up-to-date on current developments in Asia, in order to assist in creating content for the GLI Department's focus channels;
- Assist in collating, organizing, and summarizing content for the department newsletters;
- Assist with administrative tasks such as coordinating support; and writing, editing, and proofreading reports and content for the department's websites.
- Students or Graduates of Marketing/Communications/Journalism
- Excellent English communication skills - written and verbal;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Strong interest in Asia and Asian Affairs;
- Proficient in different social media networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Hootsuite)
- Experience in blogging content management systems like WordPress, and Drupal is highly preferred but not required;
- Basic HTML knowledge is a plus;
- Basic photo-editing skills such as Photoshop, Corel, or PaintShop Pro is a plus;
- Some experience in MailChimp is a plus
Kindly submit your (1) cover letter indicating desired internship category and (2) updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Subject title must indicate the position you are applying for.