Asia Society’s educational mission is to ensure students have equal access to an excellent education, which today, must include being globally competent.
The Asia Society Partnership for Global Learning works with American and international school systems to spread best practices in preparing students for a global innovation age.
Through publications, conferences, workshops, newsletters, policy briefs, classroom resources, and services to schools and districts, the Partnership for Global Learning provides:
- effective strategies for building global competence in elementary and secondary schools
- successful approaches to creating foreign language programs in schools and districts
- policy innovations and funding resources to advance international education
- preparation for teachers to teach about the world
- ways to harness technology and create new opportunities for international collaboration
- analyses and lessons from high-performing school systems worldwide
- an understanding of how international education promotes academic excellence and equity for all students
School Programs in the Museum
Building on the idea of the Museum as an extension of the classroom, the Asia Society offers interactive guided tours for school groups (grades 3-12). In the exhibition galleries, teachers and students can learn about the works of art on view, discuss how art relates to their own experiences, and discover what's new and compelling about art today. School tours are available Tuesday through Friday beginning at 10:00 am. To schedule a school or teacher group visit, or for further information, please call 212-327-9237.
Coca-Cola Family Programs
Learn, create, and celebrate! Asia Society brings families closer together by providing children of all ages with a fun and educational journey across Asia. Through a series of Family Days, exhibition-related programs, and gallery activity guides, families can enjoy time together exploring the rich traditions and cultures of Asia. Family Days provide afternoons of performances and art-making workshops to celebrate and learn about major Asian holidays. Learn more about Family Days here.