Asia’s Recommendations for President-Elect TrumpVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Asia Society Policy Institute Briefing Book Launch
The election of Donald Trump as the next President of the United States surprised observers on both sides of the Pacific and raised more questions than answers in terms of what it means for U.S. policy in Asia. Primarily, what course will a Trump administration chart in the region? On December 13, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) will address this critical topic when it launches a new briefing book comprised of policy memos from senior experts and former officials from across Asia, entitled Advice for the 45th U.S. President: Opinions from Across the Pacific.
Coinciding with the publication of the briefing book, ASPI will host a launch event in Washington, D.C. Speakers at this event currently include:
- Ahn Ho-young, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the United States
- Wendy Cutler, Vice President of the Asia Society Policy Institute
- Joe Hockey, Ambassador of Australia to the United States
- Ashok Mirpuri, Ambassador of the Republic of Singapore to the United States
- Kevin Rudd, President of the Asia Society Policy Institute and the former Prime Minister of Australia
To register for this event, please contact AsiaDC@asiasociety.org.