Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2013 Day 6: Short & SweetVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Family Flix @ Asia Society
The internationally lauded Children’s Film Festival Seattle returns to Asia Society Texas Center for more films overflowing with adventure and glee, wonder and magic. Now in its 8th year, the Festival has become one of the largest and most respected film festivals dedicated to children and their families. This year, curator Elizabeth Shepherd and her colleagues have created feasts for the eyes that take us from China to Colombia.
This gentle lineup of animated films is a perfect introduction to big screen wonders for your little one. Meet a dancing bear, play with a mischievous hen, get to know pixies and encounter other lovely, lovable creatures.
Ages 2 to 6. Three films, in Mandarin and Portuguese, with English subtitles, but dialogue is not needed for understanding. Running time: 46 minutes.
- Stompy the Bear. Dir: Charlotte Blacker, UK.
- King Kong Kitchie Kitchie Ki-Me-O. Dir: Britta Johnson, USA.
- The Sandpixies: Da Capo George. Dir: Ralf Kukula, Germany.
- Rainy Day Friends. Dir: Jerry Lee, Taiwan.
- Miriam’s Green Spots. Dir: Priit Tender, Estonia.
- Chip and Dory. Dir: Lo Song-chi, Taiwan.
- The Serpent of the Sky. Dir: Stephanie Rueckoldt, Colombia.
- No Noodles. Dir: Tyler Nicolson, Canada.
- The Knitting Girl. Dir: Enson Huang, Taiwan.
- How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep? Dir: Anna Ginsburg, Scotland.
- Chinti. Dir: Natalia Mirzoyan, Russia.
The Jade Stone Café Special
Show your ticket stub for a 10% discount at The Jade Stone Café (one discount per table).
Videos: Trailers for Films Featured in Short & Sweet
Education programs at Asia Society Texas Center are made possible
by support the Reliant Energy Charitable Foundation. Additional support
provided by Asia Society contributors and members.