Focus topic: Iran
After decades of relative isolation, the nuclear deal - which went into effect in early 2016 - seemed to signal the start of a stronger re-integration of Iran into the global community. But with a more skeptical incoming US administration and its own presidential elections coming up in May, the future path of the country and its effect on the region look uncertain.
>> See all our focus topics for 2017
- The Iran Salon - March 23, 2017, Villa Tobler, Zürich
- What's next for Iran? - November 16, 2016, Eden au Lac, Zürich
- "The deal cannot be put on autopilot" Ali Vaez, Iran analyst at the International Crisis Group, on the future of Iran and the Nuclear Deal under a Trump presidency
- Implementing the Nuclear Deal: A Status Report. International Crisis Group.
- Iran und die USA - zurück in erbitterte Feindschaft? Radio SRF, Echo der Zeit (Audio, 6'34'')
- The Untimely Death of an Iranian Pragmatist. New York Times.
People to follow
- Ali Vaez, Iran Analyst, International Crisis Group
- Thomas Erdbrink, Tehran Bureau Chief, New York Times
- Deutsch-Iranische Handelskammer
- Monika Bolliger, Middle East correspondent, Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- Suzanne Maloney, Brookings Institution's Center for Middle East Policy
- Negar Mortazavi, Iran analyst and journalist