Please note new deadline. On this page Tabela, you will find the Application for the Asia Society's Asia 21 Young Leaders Initiative 2010 Public Service Award (PSA). Deadline for submissions is midnight ET, August 23, 2010. Please submit all applications by email to Asia21PSA@asiasociety.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
1. What is the criteria for this award Tabela?
An organization should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be nominated by an Asia 21 Fellow or Delegate of a past Asia 21 Young Leaders' Summit
- be based in the Asia-Pacific region and conduct activities in the Asia-Pacific region
- be willing to accept ongoing support from the Asia 21 Class of 2010 Fellows
- gain permission to accept funds from the United States of America
- demonstrate positive impact from their work at the time of submission of their application
- have an annual budget of less than US$ 3 million
- have a transparent accounting process for finances
For a list of additional desirable criteria, please see the complete application form.
2. What documents are needed for applying?
- Completed nomination form
- 2 references / letters of recommendation from individuals and/or organizations clearly indicating their support for the nomination for the Asia 21 2010 PSA and attesting to the nominee's contributions. These supporting letters must come from appropriate project stakeholders (e.g. project beneficiaries, government officials, or private sector)
- Most recent annual report of the organization from 2008-2009 or 2009-2010, including an annual financial statement (please include only the latest report)
- Additional information that supports your application (such as press releases Tabela, reports or other data relating to projects mentioned in your application). The additional information should be a maximum of 5 pages. This is not essential to your application. We may request additional information during the review process.
3. When is the award going to be decided and what are the deadlines of which I should be aware?
- Call for Nominations: April 1 - August 23, 2010
- All proposals for the Asia 21 2010 PSA should be submitted by email to the Jury Administrator by August 23, 2010, 12:00 midnight ET.
- Review of proposals and the selection of Top 10 nominees: August & September 2010.
- Announcement of the Top Five nominees on the Asia Society website: September 13, 2010.
- The Top Five contenders are notified of the results of the Asia 21 2010 PSA: October 18, 2010.
- Asia21 2010 PSA Presentation Ceremony at the Asia Society's 2010 Asia 21 Young Leaders Summit in Jakarta: December 4, 2010.
4. Why is it important for the organization that I nominate to be able to communicate with Asia Society Asia 21 in English?
In addition to the US$10,000, a very important component of the Award is access to the Asia 21 Fellows' network for program development and mentoring. To ensure that the award-winning organization gets the most out of their experience through this exchange English proficiency is a requirement. Click here for a link to the profiles of the 2010 Asia 21 Fellows.
5. Is the award only for organizations or can individuals also apply?
This award is only for organizations that are based in the Asia-Pacific region and conduct activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
6. Can I nominate my own organization if I work at a public service organization?
If you are a past Asia 21 Fellow or Delegate, you are also encouraged to nominate your own organizations.
7. Who should I contact if I have more questions about the Public Service Award?