Transparency 3.0 FOI: Asian Perspectives, Philippine Impact
Asia Society Philippines, INCITEGov and Young Public Servants presents Transparency 3.0 Freedom of Information: Asian Perspectives, Philippine Impact on December 1, 2014 from 1:00-5:30PM at the Asian Institute of Management.
Knowledge and understanding of Freedom of Information (FOI) is crucial to the different members of Philippine society as it is a tool significant to reducing corruption and increasing transparency, accountability and citizen involvement. To provide a better understanding of FOI and its implications to our society, we have gathered a distinguished panel of local and foreign subject matter experts.
What are the important aspects of a strong FOI law?
- Cong. Teddy Baguilat Jr., House of Representatives
- Sen. Juan Edgardo "Sonny" M. Angara, Committee on Public Information, Senate (invited)
- Moderated by: Prof. Mario Lopez, Asian Institute of Management
What can we learn from our neighbors who have already implemented FOI/RTI?
- Shri Yashovardhan Azad, Information Commissioner, Central Information Commission, India
- Natalia Soebagjo, Chair of Executive Board, Transparency International Indonesia
- Moderated by: Prof. Francisco Roman, Asian Institute of Management
What is the value and implications of FOI for the various sectors?
- Ramon del Rosario, Chairman, Makati Business Club
- Melinda Quintos de Jesus, Executive Director, Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility
- Vincent Lazatin, Executive Director, Transparency & Accountability Network
- Raissa Robles, Correspondent, South China Morning Post
- Moderated by: John Nery, Editor-in-Chief, Inquirer.net
Program Fee (inclusive of snack)
P500 - Regular
P250 - Asia Society Members, Government, Civil Society, Academe
REGISTER ONLINE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/TF3FOIregister