Transparency 3.0 FOI: Asian Perspectives, Philippine ImpactVIEW EVENT DETAILS
Learn how the Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill will impact YOU.
Asia Society Philippines, INCITEGov and Young Public Servants presents Transparency 3.0 Freedom of Information: Asian Perspectives, Philippine Impact on December 1, 2014 from 1:00-5:30PM at the Asian Institute of Management.
Knowledge and understanding of Freedom of Information (FOI) is crucial to the different members of Philippine society as it is a tool significant to reducing corruption and increasing transparency, accountability and citizen involvement. To provide a better understanding of FOI and its implications to our society, we have gathered a distinguished panel of local and foreign subject matter experts.
What are the important aspects of a strong FOI law?
- Cong. Teddy Baguilat Jr., House of Representatives
- Sen. Juan Edgardo "Sonny" M. Angara, Committee on Public Information, Senate (invited)
- Moderated by: Prof. Mario Lopez, Asian Institute of Management
What can we learn from our neighbors who have already implemented FOI/RTI?
- Shri Yashovardhan Azad, Information Commissioner, Central Information Commission, India
- Natalia Soebagjo, Chair of Executive Board, Transparency International Indonesia
- Moderated by: Prof. Francisco Roman, Asian Institute of Management
What is the value and implications of FOI for the various sectors?
- Ramon del Rosario, Chairman, Makati Business Club
- Melinda Quintos de Jesus, Executive Director, Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility
- Vincent Lazatin, Executive Director, Transparency & Accountability Network
- Raissa Robles, Correspondent, South China Morning Post
- Moderated by: John Nery, Editor-in-Chief, Inquirer.net
Program Fee (inclusive of snack)
P500 - Regular
P250 - Asia Society Members, Government, Civil Society, Academe
REGISTER ONLINE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/TF3FOIregister