Asia in My Pocket Series: ManufacturingVIEW EVENT DETAILS
We are in the "Asian Century." And it is a great time to be part of Asia, especially with the positive outlook and forecasts given for most nations in the region. As we enter the year with great numbers and with world leaders shifting their focus to Asia, most people would agree that now is the time to invest in Asia. This is what Asia Society Philippines and would like to espouse through their program Asia on My Pocket, launched in early March 2013.
- What are markets like in other Asian countries?
- What are the opportunities available for Filipinos in terms of investments?
- Are Asian countries actually open to such investments?
... are some of the things to be addressed by the speakers during this 4-part program.
In cooperation with the Asian Institute of Management and BusinessWorld, Asia Society Philippines through this program will feature four major sectors that provide great opportunities for Filipinos in terms of investment and collaboration with other Asian countries. Sessions will be covering REAL ESTATE, TOURISM, FINANCE, and MANUFACTURING.
With a majority of people working in these sectors, the organizers believe that by providing people with the opportunity to learn more about these sectors in the context of other Asian countries, there is greater possibility of increased regional cooperation and understanding among the countries represented.
Speakers will be coming from both the private sector and from the diplomatic corps to impart their knowledge on these main sectors. Below is the schedule for the MANUFACTURING session on March 19, 2013:
- Nestle Philippines - Mr. David Findlay (Technical Director)
- Regional Landscape of the Manufacturing Industry
- Difference in operating in the Philippines and in other Asian countries
- Integrated Microelectronics Inc. - Mr. Olaf Gresens (Global Head for Marketing and Sales)
- Opportunities in Asia for Manufacturing companies
- What do you look for when selecting a country to do business in?
- OISHI - Mr. Oliver Rey Matias (Vice President Finance)
- Manufacturing experience in Asia
- Best practices that you can share to other companies
All sessions will be held at the Asian Institute of Management in Makati City from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
We would like to invite everyone to register to the 2013 ASIA IN MY POCKET Series, a program that provides learning for professionals to aid in their development as global leaders by by providing them with a good understanding of the business environment in Asia.
To register and for more information, please call 550-2612 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.