The Cross-Border Talent Economy
How US Companies can Compete in the Global Market
H1B, CPT, OPT, J-1... How do overseas talents secure their status in the U.S., with limitations of the U.S. government's restrictions?
- In what ways do cross-border talent impact a companies success?
- How does bi-lingual and cross-cultural knowledge contribute to the' overall global competitiveness of countries?
- What are the challenges to hiring and keeping staff from abroad? Any personal experiences or stories to share?
- What is one thing you would change about U.S. immigration policy that would have a positive impact on U.S. businesses? Why?
- What are some tips or advice you have for finding and retaining cross-border talent within current US immigration restrictions?
5:30-6:30 Registration, food/drinks & networking
6:45-7:25 Moderated discussion
7:25-7:45 Audience Q&A
7:45-8:15 Wrap-up, food & networking
Bill Ong Hing, Professor, University of San Francisco
Lisa Spiegel, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
Brandon Hill, CEO, btrax, Inc.
Terry Chuah, Managing Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
Edith Yeung (TBC), Partner, RightVentures; Head of Marketing, Dolphin Browser