Chef Hou Delights Bay Area Noodle Lovers
by April Mo
Wednesday's Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup dinner event left everybody with full bellies, smiling faces, and take-home goodies to boot!
ASNC thanks both Chef Hou and Narsai David for swinging into town. We are also grateful to our co-hosts - the ASNC Young Professionals Group and TECO SF (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, San Francisco) - as well as our co-sponsors - Hyphen magazine and TAP-SF (Taiwanese Professionals Association, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter) - for their help on this sell-out event.
Pre-event media coverage includes:
- February 1, Food Gal, "Chef Richard Reddington’s New Glam Pizza Joint, Celebrating Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup & More"
- February 3, Taiwan Today, "GIO unveils US promotion for Taiwan food, culture"
- February 3, WantChinaTimes.com, "Prize-winning chef to promote Taiwanese beef noodles in US"
- February 4, Taipei Times: "Top chef set to promote beef noodle soup in US"
- February 6, SF Weekly: "Leeland Yee, Champion of Shark Fin Soup, to Tout More Politically Correct Broth"
- February 7, World Journal (Chinese language), two articles
- February 9, Capitol Alert: AM Alert
- February 9, World Journal: "午餐吃牛肉麵 Google人10時半排隊"
- February 9, Full Noodle Frontity, "Sampling Chef Hou's Prize-winning Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup"
- February 12, Use real butter, "Labor of awesome" (includes a fantastic photo collage of the process of preparing the recipe)
Keep an eye on this space, as we'll be getting video clips from the event embedded soon. Here are some photo highlights from the evening - enjoy! (See the entire photo slideshow. Scroll to the bottom to access the award-winning recipe.)