Chef Hou Delights Bay Area Noodle Lovers
by April Mo
Wednesday's Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup dinner event left everybody with full bellies, smiling faces, and take-home goodies to boot!
ASNC thanks both Chef Hou and Narsai David for swinging into town. We are also grateful to our co-hosts - the ASNC Young Professionals Group and TECO SF (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, San Francisco) - as well as our co-sponsors - Hyphen magazine and TAP-SF (Taiwanese Professionals Association, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter) - for their help on this sell-out event.
Pre-event media coverage includes:
- February 1, Food Gal, "Chef Richard Reddington’s New Glam Pizza Joint, Celebrating Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup & More"
- February 3, Taiwan Today, "GIO unveils US promotion for Taiwan food, culture"
- February 3, WantChinaTimes.com, "Prize-winning chef to promote Taiwanese beef noodles in US"
- February 4, Taipei Times: "Top chef set to promote beef noodle soup in US"
- February 6, SF Weekly: "Leeland Yee, Champion of Shark Fin Soup, to Tout More Politically Correct Broth"
- February 7, World Journal (Chinese language), two articles
- February 9, Capitol Alert: AM Alert
- February 9, World Journal: "午餐吃牛肉麵 Google人10時半排隊"
- February 9, Full Noodle Frontity, "Sampling Chef Hou's Prize-winning Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup"
- February 12, Use real butter, "Labor of awesome" (includes a fantastic photo collage of the process of preparing the recipe)