ASNC is Hiring a Program Associate
ASNC is Hiring a Program Associate
Job title: Program Associate
The Program Associate is responsible for assisting the Program Director with the development, coordination, and implementation of public programs and private events. Experience in event planning, an understanding of Asia and/or Asian American issues, and a proactive, resourceful outlook are required.
About Asia Society Northern California (ASNC):
Founded in 1956 and headquartered in New York, Asia Society is a leading global organization committed to fostering dialogue and building a community for all those with a passionate interest in Asia. As one of 11 Asia Society Centers worldwide, Asia Society Northern California offers fresh perspectives on the forces and issues shaping U.S.-Asia relations. From food, fashion and film, to politics, business and social issues, we present innovative, multi-disciplinary programs to create an active and informed community.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Working with Program Director and Executive Director, develop themes, topics, and calendar for public programming, for both ASNC-led and co-sponsored programs
- Manage program logistics, including tracking speaker invitations and other correspondence, guest invitations, coordinating travel, securing venue, catering, and A/V needs, and assessing on-site needs
- Track program attendance and registration using Raiser’s Edge and Acceptiva
- Oversee day-of-event logistics, including liaising with speakers and partners, coordinating staff assignments, and managing all registration, A/V, and catering needs
- Coordinate post-event activities, send thank-you letters, and manage other follow-up tasks
Outreach, Marketing, and Fundraising
- Produce outreach and marketing materials for all ASNC programs, such as flyers, weekly emails, website calendar listings, and content on Asia Society blogs and other social media platforms
- Coordinate the design and production of marketing materials with designers, printers, and other vendors, including the quarterly, printed newsletter
- Assist with program fundraising activities, including determining revenue and sponsorship targets, and identifying, cultivating, and liaising with co-sponsors
- Represent the Asia Society at community events and activities
- Oversee the needs of the office to ensure smooth day-to-day operations, such as answering telephones and handling general inquiries, ordering supplies, and liaising with building management as needed;
- Manage Center internship program and coordinate intern assignments
- Prepare documentation for presentation at internal and external meetings
- Take minutes at staff, Board of Directors, and Program Committee meetings
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Development as necessary
- Help manage and task a part-time administrative clerk
- Assist in planning for large fundraising events, such as ASNC’s Annual Dinner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Asian or Asian American studies, international relations/business, or related field(s)
- 2-3 years of related work experience in event planning, execution, and follow-up and/or in a non-profit setting
- Proactive, “can-do” mindset, talent for multi-tasking and working under deadline in a fast-paced environment, and ability to follow through on tasks and projects
- Team player who is organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Flexibility to work before/after business hours
- Willingness to take infrequent domestic or overseas travel
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; as well as database applications such as Raiser’s Edge
- Experience maintaining webpages, writing/editing for blogs or social media
- Knowledge of marketing principles and trends
- Experience recruiting and/or managing volunteers and interns
- Experience managing and liaising with third-party vendors and contractors
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; familiar with basic HTML
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume, preferably as a single attachment, to: [email protected]. Please indicate the job title and your full name in the email subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. No phone calls, please.
The position is open until filled.
Asia Society is an equal-opportunity employer.