School Study Tour: International School of the Americas
Do you want to deepen the international focus of your school but are unsure what that looks like in practice? Join us for facilitated school tours and participate in an interactive two-day seminar that combines the theory of internationalizing schools with real-world examples. The schools have proven track record of offering high-quality international education.
The two-day session will allow you to
* learn about international education and globalizing the curriculum
* participate in classroom observations
* meet with school leadership teams
* talk with students and parents from the school
* participate in a summative debriefing of the experience
* engage in next-steps planning to help deepen global learning at your own school
Founded in 1994, the International School of the Americas (ISA) is a multiple award-winning school. It is a small, school-within-a-school housed on a comprehensive high school campus. Its global focus is woven throughout the curriculum. Its strong academic team, internships, and graduation portfolios, complimented with creative travel opportunities, provide rich international experiences for all students. This school study tour also coincides with one of the largets Model United Nations in the United States. The event is organized by the school; learn what an effective program requires and see the power of simulation in action.