2016 NCLC Request for Proposals is Now Closed. Thank You!
The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) provides a high–profile platform for sharing new ideas and best practices in the fields of Chinese language teaching and learning, Chinese arts and culture, and U.S.–China educational exchange. The 9th annual NCLC is organized by Asia Society and the College Board and will be held in Chicago, IL, April 28–30, 2016. The conference will focus on:
- building and sustaining quality Chinese programs at all levels of K–12 and higher education;
- cutting-edge approaches to teaching that incorporate culture, technology and collaborations; and
- best practices in the classroom leading to high levels of language proficiency and cultural competency.
Educators from all areas of K–12 and higher education are encouraged to submit a proposal.
As a session presenter, you will have an opportunity to:
- Share your knowledge and experiences, and gather valuable feedback from peers
- Showcase your educational programs and partnerships to a national audience
- Help shape the agenda of the Chinese language education community
- Receive a discount on your registration fee
Proposal Submission and Review Timeline
|August 19, 2015||Proposal submission opens|
|October 16, 2015||Proposal submisson closes|
|October 17, 2015||Proposal review begins|
|December, 2015||Proposal notifications begin|
Primary Presenter and Co-presenter(s): Each 60-minute presentation must have one person identified as the lead presenter. Please review the responsibilities of the lead presenter before submitting your proposal.
Responsibilities of the Primary Presenter:
- The primary presenter must make sure that all co-presenter(s) receive any relevant information regarding the proposal. Please note that all notifications will be sent to the email address of the primary presenter ONLY
- Ensure that all presenters on their proposal are registered for the conference.
- Notify conference organizers of changes to co-presenters.
- Provide copies of handouts (if needed), and upload relevant presentation to the conference app.
- Ensure that all presenter information, session title, and abstract are correct for the Conference Program.
Conference Registration: All conference presenters (primary and up to two co-presenters) wil receive a discount on registration fee. All accepted presenters must register for the conference. Instructions on how to register at the special presenter rate will be emailed to the primary presenter with proposal notification in December of 2015.
Lodging and Travel: All accepted presenters are responsible for their own lodging and travel.
Audio Visual Equipment: Session rooms will be equipped with microphones, an LCD projector, a screen, and a “direct box” which will allow you to play audio from your laptop. Presenters may use visual aids (PowerPoint slides, video, handouts, etc). Laptops will NOT be provided, so at least one presenter will need to bring a laptop to the session if your presentation requires it.