Visitor Tips and Policies
Visitor Tips and Policies
The enjoyment of all visitors is of paramount importance to the Asia Society Hong Kong Center (the “Center”). It is a requirement of entry that you familiarize yourself with our Policies for Entry to the Center before visiting for your own safety and comfort and other visitors.
- Children aged 15 or below must be accompanied by a person over the age of 18 at all time during the visit.
- Visitors should not enter any part of the Center that is closed to the public.
- Visitors should not deface or damage any wall, door, furniture, fitting or exhibit.
- Visitors may not touch any plants, trees and works of art on display. All work of art on display are valuable. They are often extremely fragile and must not be touched at all time.
- Visitors should keep their voices low.
- Running and rough play are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Center including outdoor areas.
- Animals are not allowed in the Center.
- Food (including gum and candy) and drinks are prohibited inside the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater.
- Mobile phones and pagers must be turned off while in the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater.
- Photography and video cameras are strictly prohibited inside the Asia Society Gallery.
- Visitors should follow all signs, notices, directions and instructions given by Center staff, docent(s), tour guide(s) and security guards in the Center.
- The Center reserves the right to refuse or dismiss any visitor for misconduct.
Save Time by Traveling Light
- Luggage, carry-on bags, oversize backpacks and musical instruments are not allowed in the Center and cannot be checked in at the cloakroom at the main reception in Entry Pavilion.
- Large umbrellas and sports equipment cannot be brought into the Center and must be checked in at the cloakroom in the main reception in Entry Pavilion.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed in the Asia Society Gallery and must be checked in at the Gallery reception or at the cloakroom in the main reception in Entry Pavilion. The Center reserves the right to inspect bags and backpacks on entry/exit into the Gallery.
- Security procedures will be in place for anyone entering the Center with dangerous goods, including flammable substances, corrosive substances, noxious items and gas cylinders.
Prams and strollers are permitted. Visitors however must take extreme care when using prams and strollers to avoid any damage to other persons and/or objects in the Center. For exhibitions where the floor space inside the Asia Society Gallery is reduced due to art installation, visitors with pram and stroller will be asked to park at the Gallery reception area.
Oversize and jogging strollers are prohibited.
Luggage and Coat Check
Luggage and Coat CheckLuggage, carry-on bags, musical instruments are not allowed into the Center and cannot be checked in at the Center’s cloak room. All oversize backpacks, large bags, and large umbrellas must be checked in at the cloak room at the main reception in Entry Pavilion. To ensure the safety of the exhibition items, the Center does not permit visitors to carry bags on their backs in the Asia Society Gallery. Food and drinks are not allowed in the Asia Society Gallery and may not be checked in at the Gallery reception or the cloak room in the main reception.
The Center reserves the right to decide what can and cannot be checked in at the Gallery reception and the cloak room in the main reception.
Still photography in the Center (except for Asia Society Gallery where photography and video cameras are strictly prohibited) is permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Photographs taken cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas designated as "No Photography"; works of art on loan from private collections or other institutions may not be photographed.
Movie and video cameras are prohibited. Tripods are not allowed.
For press and other special photography, including film and video projects, please contact the External Affairs Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collection/possession.
Sketching, in pencil only, is permitted in all areas of the Center (except for Asia Society Gallery, see below). The use of ballpoint pens, ink, markers, fountain pens, or watercolors is not permitted at any time. Crayon, pastel, and charcoal are permitted only in Center-supervised tours/programs that specifically authorize their use.
While sketching, please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the Center.
During periods of high attendance, the Center reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments to this sketching policy.
Sketching inside the Asia Society Gallery is permitted only in Center-supervised tours/programs that specifically authorize their use.
Lost and Found
All lost items handed in and/or found in the Center will be recorded and kept at the main reception in Entry Pavilion.
Lost items will be held for six months, at the end of that time items will be disposed of, recycled or given to charity.
If you have left something behind at the Center, please visit the main reception in Entry Pavilion or call the general enquiry at +852 2103 9511.
Inform the nearest security guard if you require first aid in the Center.