Group Responsibilities and Guidelines
Group Responsibilities and Guidelines
We are pleased that your group will be visiting the Asia Society Hong Kong Center (the “Center”). In order to assure the best exploring experience, please read the following list of responsibilities and guidelines and share them with your group prior to the visit.
- Group leaders are responsible for the behavior of their groups at all times.
- Luggage, carry-on bags, oversize backpacks and musical instruments are not allowed in the Center and cannot be checked in at the cloakroom at the main reception in Entry Pavilion.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed in the Asia Society Gallery and must be checked in at the Gallery’s reception. The Center reserves the right to inspect bags and backpacks on entry/exit into the Gallery.
- Security procedures will be in place for anyone entering the Center with dangerous goods, including flammable substances, corrosive substances, noxious items and gas cylinders.
- Visitors should not enter any part of the Center that is closed to the public.
- Visitors should not deface or damage any wall, door, furniture, fitting or exhibit.
- Visitors may not touch any plants and works of art on display.
- Visitors should keep their voices low.
- Running and rough play are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Center including outdoor areas.
- Animals are not allowed in the Center.
- Food (including gum and candy) and drinks are prohibited inside the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater.
- Mobile phones and pagers must be turned off while in the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater.
- Photography and video cameras are strictly prohibited inside the Asia Society Gallery.
- Visitors should follow all signs, notices, directions and instructions given by Center staff, docent(s), tour guide(s) and security guards in the Center.
- The Center reserves the right to refuse or dismiss any group for misconduct.
- Tour will start at the scheduled time even if arrival at the Center is earlier than scheduled.
Please see Gallery Visit for School for specific information about bringing a school group to the Asia Society Gallery.
Guidelines: Before Your Visit
Arrival and Check-In
Please plan on arriving at the Center 15 minutes before your scheduled visit to allow time for security clearance, coat check, and check-in. (Note: Unless otherwise confirmed, generally no entry to the Center will be permitted before 10:45 a.m. Tuesday to Friday, and before 9:45 a.m. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays).
Public Heritage Tour
Groups must check in at the Nobel Reception which is accessible through the main entrance on 9 Justice Drive.
Exhibition Tour/Gallery Visits
Groups must check in at the Asia Society Gallery reception in the Heritage Compound of the Center.
Please review your confirmation letter for your scheduled check-in desk.
Any group arriving more than 30 minutes late cannot be guaranteed its scheduled guided program.
The main entrance to the Center on 9 Justice Drive is a wheelchair-accessible entrance. Elevators are available for convenient access to different levels of the Center. Visitors with disabilities and senior citizens may use the elevators to access different levels of the Center.
Payment and Refund Policies
Payment is due upon arrival for admission to the Asia Society Gallery. The group leader is responsible for the entire amount due; group members may not pay individually. Refunds or credits will not be given for prepayments or pre-cut cheques if the actual number of people in the group is less than the prepaid amount.
Any cancellations of the tour or changes to the group count must be made one week prior to the group’s arrival in order to receive a refund.
Guidelines: During Your Visit
Please notify your group of the following guidelines prior to your visit, and review them upon arrival at the Center.
Consideration for Others
Although discussion in the Center is encouraged, please keep voices respectfully low. The Center is a place for looking, thinking, and quiet discussion. Mobile phones and pagers must be turned off while in the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater.
Other groups and individuals may wish to see the same objects that interest you. Please be aware of others waiting to view a particular work and be courteous about moving on promptly.
Respect for Center Objects
Do not touch any plants, trees, and work of art in the Center. The invisible oil on your fingertips leaves a film on any surface of touched; over time, these marks attract dust and pollutants from the air, damaging and obscuring surfaces of works of art. Please refrain from pointing or gesturing when you are close to unprotected works of art.
All work of art on display are valuable. They are often extremely fragile and must not be touched at all time.
Photography and Sketching
Photography is strictly prohibited in the Asia Society Gallery. Sketching is permitted in all areas of the Center except for the Asia Society Gallery. See Visitor Tips and Policies for more information about photography and sketching in the Center.
Food (including gum and candy) and drinks are prohibited in the Asia Society Gallery and Miller Theater. Large umbrellas and sports equipment cannot be brought into the Center and must be checked in at cloakroom in the main reception in Entry Pavilion; however, luggage, carry-on bags, oversize backpacks and musical instruments will not be accepted at the cloakroom. Please see Visitor Tips and Policies for more information.
The content of all printed materials and electronic publications relating to an event that is to take place at the Center —including the invitation copy, final typeset copy, programs, and any other promotional material — is subject to the Center's approval. Materials must be submitted to the Center for review and approval before being printed.
Prohibition of Fund-Raising
Groups may not use or promote group visits and/or events to/at the Center for their own fund-raising purposes.
We hope you and your group enjoy your visit to Asia Society Hong Kong Center.