Themed Family Workshops
November 3, 17, 24, 2013
December 1, 8, 15, 2013
January 5, 12, 19, 2014
February 9 & 16, 2014
Workshop starts at 2:00PM
Workshop ends at 5:00PM
Family workshops provide creative, hands-on opportunities for children to explore the gallery with their parents or caregivers. Available as a weekly Sunday afternoon program from November 2013 to February 2014 (Except November 10, December 29, January 26 and February 2) each family workshop will be led by an experienced museum educator and is designed around a specific theme related to the No Country exhibition. The afternoon begins with a site tour of Asia Society Hong Kong Center, home of the Former Explosives Magazines and a unique heritage site of Hong Kong. This will be followed by a theme-specific interactive gallery tour and workshop with related arts and crafts activities. Crafted as an opportunity for quality family time, the workshops encourage dialogues in families and nurture creativity in children and adults alike.
Please click on the date to register.
Themes for family workshops as follows:
- November 3: Animals and Me [PAST]
- November 17: Telling Tales [PAST]
- November 24: Exhibiting artist Khadim Ali residency program workshop [PAST]
- December 1: Everyday Things Transformed [PAST]
- December 8: Exhibiting artist Tayeba Begum Lipi residency program workshops - Morning Session [PAST]
- December 8: Exhibiting artist Tayeba Begum Lipi residency program workshops - Afternoon Session [PAST]
- December 15: Super Hero Factory [FULL HOUSE]
- January 5: Telling Tales [ENGLISH; OPEN FOR REGISTRATION]
- January 12: Animals and Me [CANTONESE; OPEN FOR REGISTRATION]
- January 19: Everyday Things Transformed [ENGLISH]
- February 9: Super Hero Factory [CANTONESE]
- February 16: My Family [ENGLISH]
Please click here to view all the programs related to the No Country exhibition.
No Country: Contemporary Art for South and Southeast Asia is jointly organized by Asia Society Hong Kong Center and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York, and is a cultural engagement of UBS.
All participants grant Asia Society Hong Kong Center a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish and display any reports, imagery, videos or other copyright material, resulting from the group visits, throughout the world in any media, including the right to sub-licence to others at ASHK’s discretion.