Former Australian PM Kevin Rudd to Address National Chinese Language Conference
Los Angeles, May 8-10, 2014
Asia Society is thrilled to announce that former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will keynote the opening plenary at our National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) May 8–10, 2014, at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
Additional speakers include Kenneth Lin, a cowriter of the Netflix series House of Cards, Howard Goldblatt, principle English translator for Nobel Laureate Mo Yan's work, Jessica Beinecke, creator of Crazy Fresh Chinese, a popular video series connecting Chinese and English slang, Janet Yang, a producer of Shanghai Calling and Disney High School Musical: China, and many others. In addition, the noted song-writing, banjo-playing, Chinese-speaking Abigail Washburn will perform.
Other highlights include:
• 70+ breakout sessions and hands-on workshops
• Visits to Los Angeles-area schools to observe Chinese programs in action
• Swap shop of classroom activities for teachers, facilitated by CLASS
• Research Colloquium on Chinese Language Pedagogy and Topics in K–16 Teaching, presented by CLTA
• Technology Forum showcasing effective use of technology in the classroom and beyond
The National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) is the premier conference dedicated to the teaching and learning of Chinese language and culture. Last year, 1,300 participants from across K–16 education came together to network and share best practices.
Find out more at AsiaSociety.org/nclc