From October 6-10, 2016 a group of ten Asia 21 Young Leaders gathered in Kathmandu, Nepal to pilot the idea of an Asia 21 Action Lab. The focus of the workshop was to help five organizations founded and led by Asia 21 Fellows accelerate growth and scale impact. The five organizations selected were:
• Action Lab 1: Saathi Pads, Kristen Kagetsu (Class of 2015)
• Action Lab 2: Clinic 5, Dr. Mohsin Ali Mustafa (Class of 2015)
• Action Lab 3: KTK-BELT, Rajeev Goyal (Class of 2015)
• Action Lab 4: Asia 21 Impact Accelerator Fund, Emily Chew (Class of 2015)
• Action Lab 5: Kehi Garoun, Umanga Pandey ( Class of 2015)
As a result, the idea for the Asia 21 Action Lab emerged:
Vision: An alumni-led program that systemically mobilizes the A21 network in-kind resources for selected A21-led organizations, through on-site workshops that establish ongoing, strong and active connections between alumni.
Mission: Support organizations founded or led by A21 Fellows, to accelerate their growth and scalability of impact in solving Asia’s most pressing challenges.